Director of Program and Student Services, Dublin
CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity, and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural, and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Dublin, Florence, Sydney, London, Paris, and Prague.
Justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to the mission, structure, and operations of CAPA The Global Education Network. We are an equal opportunity employer that strives to provide a work environment that celebrates difference and is free of implicit and explicit bias. We seek to hire employees representing diversity in all forms and work to support all employees to achieve at the highest level. Employment is based on a person’s professional qualifications and competence. CAPA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition including breastfeeding, or any other basis protected by law.
The Vice President of Global Operations
CAPA seeks a collaborative and strategic leader for the role of Director of Program and Student Services, Dublin. This is an engaging and highly visible opportunity in our growing Dublin study centre with the responsibility to lead the delivery of the gold standard in student care, internships, and the full program experience, for which CAPA is known.
The Director leads a local team, working in partnership with the Director of Academics, Dublin, as well as other leaders and colleagues across CAPA’s US headquarters and other global locations. This hands-on role provides a highly rewarding opportunity to positively impact students’ academic and personal experience and growth while studying in Dublin.
- Lead a team of study abroad professionals providing students from American colleges and universities with a high-quality experience through which they learn, grow and explore during their time in Dublin
- This is a student-facing role which requires in-person work Monday through Friday
- Oversight of internship programming, including leading the team in setting and working towards internship operational deadlines and targets, identifying, and developing new company relationships to create internship opportunities, and assisting with student advising in relation to professional development and internship-related concerns
- Lead the crisis management protocols for the Dublin centre and play a key role within CAPA’s global crisis management team; provide back-up emergency support to staff who are on call
- Support students’ physical and mental health needs, including proactively developing wellness plans and making referrals to professionals as needed
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for all program and student activities including student arrival and orientation, activity and centre schedule
- Work with the team to provide oversight of the centre facilities, ensuring a welcoming and well-maintained space
- Manage student disciplinary concerns and participate in CAPA’s global disciplinary committee
- Manage budget for centre services and facilities as well as program budgets, and budget reporting
- Oversee student housing including contract negotiations, relationship management, and approval of health, safety, and suitability. Mediate escalated student housing concerns with the housing provider
- Monitor and assess student feedback through a variety of sources, developing action plans and monitoring outcomes
- Attend and speak at CAPA events including arrival and departure parties, mid-term dinners and special events
- Present CAPA Dublin at various events, either in person or online, and lead visits by representatives from our US university partners to Dublin
- Represent CAPA in relevant professional associations, e.g ASAPI (Association of Study Abroad Providers in Ireland)
- The legal right to work in Ireland—CAPA is not able to sponsor visas or work permits
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team
- Entrepreneurial thinker with strong people skills and the ability to remain calm and thoughtful under pressure
- Crisis management experience
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities, sometimes outside of normal office hours
- Proven ability to work within a budget as well as a proven ability to negotiate and ensure quality of services