CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity, and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural, and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Dublin, Florence, Sydney, London and Barcelona.
Justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to the mission, structure, and operations of CAPA The Global Education Network. We are an equal opportunity employer that strives to provide a work environment that celebrates difference and is free of implicit and explicit bias. We seek to hire employees representing diversity in all forms and work to support all employees to achieve at the highest level. Employment is based on a person’s professional qualifications and competence. CAPA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition including breastfeeding, or any other basis protected by law.
Based in Boston and reporting to the Director of Internal Operations, this full-time Global IT Manager provides desktop support and related IT services throughout CAPA. This position will provide dotted line management to local support staff in our London, Florence, Barcelona, Dublin and Sydney Centers. In addition to this team, the Global IT Manager will utilize local subcontractors responsible for specific local offices and external IT functions. This is a multi-faceted role for anyone interested in gaining both broad and in-depth technical experience in the exciting and rewarding field of international education.
The job duties listed below are not all inclusive of what the employee may be responsible for. Other duties may be assigned to assist with achieving certain goals, meeting expectations, and supporting business needs.
- 24/7 infrastructure service delivery providing on call support as needed
- Assist with maintaining CAPA’s network and systems escalating as appropriate to external support subcontractors
- Perform a variety of tasks to ensure uninterrupted systems usage, including managing schedules to ensure complete coverage for all CAPA’s global centers
- Develop and manage CAPA IT support and licensing documentation, budgets, and administration
- Develop support systems for frequently used software (e.g., Microsoft 365 and related programs) to include documentation and multimedia support files. Support also includes developing and delivering face-to-face or remote training for CAPA staff on frequently used programs and systems.
- Research and learn to support new systems as CAPA’s IT infrastructure evolves.
- Develop and manage disaster recovery protocol and testing to ensure maximum uptime.
- Plan and manage projects from kick-off to deployment. Develop project plans and define the scope as required for various IT projects.
- Manage and assign resources to projects or IT issues as they arise.
- Administer of Microsoft 365 for Business Products.
- Administer Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Administer switching and routing environments with a primary focus on Cisco related hardware and protocols.
- Manage a global Windows server infrastructure (Architecture Planning, Implementation, Patching, Equipment Aging, etc.).
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of all global networks and related entities.
- Manage VoIP System.
- Design, Implement, and Administer office technology.
- Actively and accurately track inventory among all global sites and appropriately assess aging requirements for all necessary equipment.
- Manage antivirus deployment, updates, and regular remote scans of all PC’s and Servers through a global client/server mesh network.
- Manage local Printers and Print Servers alongside our print management provider.
- Monitor infrastructure and review system logs.
- Deploy security patches in a timely manner.
- Adhere to internal security controls.
- Manage end user accounts and conduct periodic verifications.
- Deploy and maintain firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Serve as first point of contact for Technology Services for colleagues in the Boston office.
- Serve as point of escalation and support for staff in satellite offices around the world.
- Monitor internal Helpdesk to ensure CAPA’s global offices are receiving adequate response to IT issues; ensuring prompt communication to all stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Manage IT support subcontractors across CAPA to ensure requests are addressed in accordance with departmental needs, CAPA service standards, and agreed to deadlines.
- Manage Building Access Systems (Badge Access, Permission Scheduling).
- Provide Conference Room Configurations and Support.
- Provide Cell Phone Support and Configuration Management.
- Support Email Access (Password Resets, Outlook Web Access, Office 365 Single Sign On).
- Provide or subcontract repair or replacement of PCs/Phones (as appropriate).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Certifications a plus (MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, A+, Network+, etc.)
- Information Technology or related area experience of 5+ years of experience in a frontline IT support role
- Experience with Windows Servers 2008-2019, Domain Controllers, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SQL Server, and related applications
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory & group policies
- Experience with Office 365 (Exchange, Okta, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.), ADFS, Powershell
- Understanding of network and VoIP telephone technologies
- Experienced with Email Security (Preferably Mimecast)
- Backup Software knowledge
- Experience with Cisco VLAN configurations and basic routing/switching
- Site-to-Site & Client VPN network experience (Cisco)
- Experience with enterprise antivirus products (Preferably Sophos)
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with a positive approach
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to take projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb ability to explain technical concepts in different ways to relate to the target audience
- Strong commitment to teamwork, customer service and forward thinking
- Experience working in a global company a plus
- Familiarity with GDPR Requirements a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, working in an IT server room standing, reaching, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
This full-time role is based upon 37.5 hours per week. Standard working will be between 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday – Friday. 24/7 on-call support as well as some evening and weekend work will be required, dependent on the needs of CAPA’s international offices. International travel may be required.