CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity, and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural, and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, Sydney, London and Shanghai.
Justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to the mission, structure, and operations of CAPA The Global Education Network. We are an equal opportunity employer that strives to provide a work environment that celebrates difference and is free of implicit and explicit bias. We seek to hire employees representing diversity in all forms and work to support all employees to achieve at the highest level. Employment is based on a person’s professional qualifications and competence. CAPA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition including breastfeeding, or any other basis protected by law.
As a CAPA Program Manager, you will act as the primary pre-departure contact for students enrolling on CAPA’s programs. You will also provide recruitment, enrollment, and advising support to CAPA’s partnering college and university study abroad administrators who send groups of students on CAPA programs worldwide. You will work closely with program developers and on-site staff to communicate about contracted services and program details. You will assist in facilitating contracted program components within the parameters of the established budget. You will work closely with visiting faculty leading customized programs on all aspects of the program including the management of their own and their student’s expectations about the program experience.
- Manage relationships and communication with the study abroad administrators and visiting faculty on topics including recruitment strategy, student enrollments, advising questions and concerns, and student issues that arise while a student is on a CAPA Program.
- Work in partnership with the CAPA Institutional Relations team and Student Admissions team to monitor partnering institutions enrollment numbers and provide feedback on where additional recruitment support and campus visits may be useful to reach and exceed targeted enrollment numbers per term.
- Collaborate with the CAPA marketing department to develop and maintain program/university specific marketing materials, customized websites, lead generating communication plans and other collateral.
- Guide prospective students from partnering colleges and universities through program enrollment process.
- Ensure all necessary program materials are complete and ensure each student meets the required program admissions requirements.
- Build and maintain university specific online application portals.
- Provide guidance and support on the international internship application process for programs that include this experiential component.
- Advise students on visa requirements and the visa application process.
- Provide a high level of customer service support to our students, answering any pre-departure questions they might have via phone and email to prepare them for their time abroad.
- Establish and maintain pre-departure communication plan and timeline for all students admitted on customized programs as well as faculty leading programs.
- Manage program related concerns that arise from students, university administrators and the parents of participants.
- Work with other members of the pre-departure services team to update, develop, and create new program advising materials, as necessary.
- Hold scheduled meetings with the overseas coordinators to discuss and receive updates on student applicants and relevant services such as housing, academics, and internships.
- Manage relationships and communication with the study abroad administrators at partnering colleges and universities on topics including overseas crises, and student issues that arise while a student is on a CAPA Program.
- Provide emergency support to callers on the emergency mobile (weekly rotation).
- Participate in annual crisis management and emotional first aid training.
- Work closely with finance department to confirm individual student payments and communicate any nuances to billing process.
- Provide students with necessary information related to financial aid and financial resources that are available to students to help them pay for their program costs.
- Work closely with the student accounts department to review group and individual payment activity.
- Provide oversight of program budgets and manage in tandem with international teams.
- During high lead volume periods program managers will assist with lead follow up by phone and email.
- The person who will be assuming the program manager position will spend the first six months supporting the recruitment team with student lead follow up in addition to training on the program management role for which a full transition will take place in January 2020.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Prior experience with working with university students and faculty a plus
- Prior experiencing working within budgeted parameters.
- Desire to work in a team environment both in and out of your department.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality, always willing to lend a helping hand.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Some domestic travel required; driver’s license preferred.