CAPA: The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, Hong Kong, Florence, Sydney, Sydney and Shanghai.
CAPA is one of the leading and most respected organisations for internships abroad. A CAPA internship is a unique opportunity for American students to gain a competitive edge by getting hands-on experience in one of the world’s leading cities. The internship division organizes and monitors hundreds of placements at the Sydney Centre each year. As an Internships Coordinator, you will act as the primary contact for internship services and for students interning with professional businesses across Sydney.
- Research, develop and monitor internship sites/work placements for our students at organizations and businesses throughout Sydney
- Work directly with businesses and organizations to help them understand the benefits of a CAPA intern and to educate them on their responsibilities regarding the placement
- Assist with the arrival and orientation of incoming interns, provide follow-up supervision and act as an on-site advisor for issues relating to student internships. A high level of customer service is required
- Liaise with our US administration office during pre-departure and create thorough and accurate pre-departure information for students
- Maintain intern and site databases to a high level of accuracy
- Attend CAPA events such as arrival and departure parties, mid-term dinners and special CAPA events
- Assist with other administrative tasks within the office and across departments as required
- This role will also be cross trained to be able to assist the department of student affairs and academics at busy times; this would involve further student care and advising as well as administration
- Carry an emergency mobile phone outside of office hours on a rotational basis with other members of staff. (Full training and back up resources will be provided.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three year’s work experience
- Excellent customer services skills
- A high level of professionalism and comfort working with key people and businesses across Sydney
- Networking skills
- Ability to cold call prospective internship sites and develop a rapport
- Research skills to find new internship sites
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well independently as well as across departments
- A high level of proficiency in computer software particularly Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- An aptitude for working with databases or CRM systems
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and job description
- The legal right to work in Australia. (Please note CAPA will only consider candidates with the established legal right to work in Australia.)
- Experience working with students
- Knowledge of the US education system
This is a full-time role. Standard hours are 9:00 AM to 17:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours is to be expected in this role.
How to Apply:
Join our team! To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter with salary requirements at Apply Here (please write in the subject line: "Sydney Internships Coordinator").
If you have questions about the position, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* CAPA The Global Education Network is an equal opportunity employer *