Department: Program and Student Services
CAPA The Global Education Network is a private American company headquartered in Boston, USA which runs academic programs in London, Florence, Sydney, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Barcelona and Dublin. CAPA is an established leader in the field of international education, and academic excellence, integrity, and innovation in education abroad are at the centre of CAPA's endeavours.
For over 40 years, CAPA has partnered with universities and colleges across the USA and around the world, providing a full range of programs and integrated services designed to support all aspects of international education. CAPA contracts with Griffith to give students access to their courses in a variety of subjects; CAPA also offers its own courses. Academic credit is granted by the student’s U.S. institution. In addition to the academic programming, CAPA also provides housing, internships, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and a full 24-hour on-site support and advising programme.
This job carries responsibility for supporting the Director of Program and Students Services and the Senior Program Coordinator with student support and administrative assistance for internship, and program related functions. The Student Services & Internship Assistant will provide services for 28 hours per week in the CAPA Dublin Center, plus on call coverage for CAPA’s 24/7 Student Emergency Phone.
- Research and visit potential new Internship sites, secure a data base and coordinate placement of students.
- Maintain overview and provide support of students’ performance during placement, i.e. midterm evaluations etc.
- Strategic development of future internship sites
- Assist Program Director & Director of Academic Affairs in vetting applications and checking documentation for upcoming semester.
- Assist with student data management, including the organization, filing and maintenance of student passport/visa/documentation.
- Support the Director of Program and Student Services with all elements of program planning and implementation.
Assist with event planning specifically, arrival and departure events, mid-semester dinners, My Global City events, and accompany students on field trips and other celebrations which may fall outside of normal office hours.
- Contribute to program-specific weekly emails to all students with detailed information regarding program updates and general announcements.
- Provide support to visiting faculty, including organizing field studies for individual programs, making bookings, and maintaining program-related communications to students and faculty.
- Create and maintain field trip-related documents for students and faculty.
- Create welcome packs for visiting faculty.
Student Service Support and Advising:
- Play a very active role in the arrival and induction period for students. This includes airport transfers and housing check-ins, leading walking tours, delivering academic and general orientation sessions, attending arrival receptions and dinners, and giving welcome speeches to students and faculty when required.
- In Collaboration with the Director of Program and Student Services, respond to student queries and problems as they arise; and utilize internal and external support services when necessary.
Be available on the CAPA emergency phone number on a rotational basis with the Senior Program Coordinator, providing 24/7 support when on-call and assisting students in the event of emergency situations, in accordance with CAPA emergency phone guidelines regarding responding, escalating and reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency
- Strong administrative skills & Attention to detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills with experience in public speaking
- Confidence to manage, and the ability to remain calm, in challenging situations
Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills
Preferred: Prior experience working with US university student.
This is a part-time permanent position (28 hrs/weekly). Due to the nature of this role and the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours and weekends are to be expected.
How to Apply
Join our team! Application deadline of Friday, January 31st, 2020 by 4 P.M. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to our website: APPLY HERE (include “Student Services & Internship Coordinator in subject line)
* CAPA: The Global Education Network is an equal opportunity employer *