CAPA: The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA: The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, London, Shanghai, and Sydney.
The primary focus of the Custom Program Developer is to support the Institutional Relations team by developing time-sensitive and accurate budgets, proposals, and contracts. The Developer should also serve as a resource, consulting to provide insight and guidance into what program inclusions and structure will help the institution achieve their stated goals and optimize the program for success with student recruitment. This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Director, Custom Programs & Strategic Partnerships and Institutional Relations Managers to create unique learning abroad programs with CAPA through custom and faculty-led programming opportunities. Problem solve and provide creative solutions to complex programming requirements.
- Develop and deliver timely and accurate budgets, proposals, and contracts for CAPA’s study abroad programs, utilizing internal financial systems, templates, and Salesforce/CRM.
- Accurately manage proposal and contract execution. Respond to university requests for proposals (RFPs) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review and evaluate client requested proposal and contract changes and bring special requests to the attention of senior leadership.
- Assess contracts for completeness and accuracy; correct documents and file changes to contracts as needed.
- Manage partnership agreements, including affiliation agreements and special pricing agreements. Collaborate with Institutional Relations Managers to ensure accuracy.
- Work in conjunction with multiple departments within CAPA, both domestic and international, to support our current partnerships. Collaborate with overseas teams to develop unique ideas for discipline-specific programs and confirm accurate descriptions of deliverable in contracts.
- Accurately update budget database and collaborate with finance on budget outputs.
- Assist with representing CAPA at study abroad fairs to talk with students about CAPA program opportunities; some travel required during Fall and Spring terms.
- Other contract and budget duties, and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident in calculating budgets and determining margins
- Drive to increase organizational revenue and profits
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Experience and knowledge of contact management systems, ideally Salesforce
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment, within and across departments to meet established target-based performance goals
- Exceptional time-management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility with competing priorities and initiative to take on new projects
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel
- Hold driver license and be comfortable with driving
- 3 years of sales, negotiation or program development experience
- Experience completing projects with remote and internationally located colleagues
- Experience of developing and reviewing contracts and contract renewals
- Finance /accounting background
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, 9:00 to 5:30, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this role and the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours and weekends are to be expected.
How to Apply
Join our team! To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectation to: APPLY HERE (include Custom Program Developer in subject line).
CAPA: The Global Education Network is an equal opportunity employer.