Department: Office of the President
CAPA The Global Education Network is an established leader in the development and administration of quality international education programs. For over 45 years, we have partnered with universities and colleges across the country and around the world, providing a full range of programs and integrated services designed to support all aspects of international education. Our strong worldwide network, professional expertise, and demonstrated success in the field make us the preferred resource for a growing number of US institutions of higher learning for their study abroad needs. CAPA is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, London, Shanghai and Sydney.
CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, collaborative learning communities and global connections via technology, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world.
The Executive Assistant to the President/CEO will provide high quality executive administration and personal support to the President/CEO. Key responsibilities will span communications, general administration, calendar management, corporate event management, internal and external public relations, board relations, and special projects. CAPA is seeking a “right-hand” partner who is strategic, thoughtful, tech-savvy, and able to work collaboratively across all global departments in support of the organization and its leadership. This person must be flexible, self-motivated and action-oriented, with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to excellence. The ideal candidate will bring a strong background in supporting C-suite executives, complex event and project management, flexibility with time and responsibilities, enthusiasm working in a fast-moving, growth environment, and be comfortable with change.
Administrative Assistance to the President & CEO:
- Manage a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO, addressing all incoming inquiries, calls, correspondence, and other demands for the President/CEO’s time as appropriate.
- Draft and/or edit correspondence (letters, memos, forms, etc.), speeches, and presentations on behalf of the President/CEO.
- Prepare, organize and manage a wide variety of sensitive corporate documents including spreadsheets and reports.
- Manage the President/CEO’s extremely complex calendar of meetings and detailed travel/lodging plans, itineraries, and arrangements, including overseeing all executive travel and time off requests.
- Schedule and prepare agendas and other relevant materials for meetings that the President/CEO attends. Take detailed minutes highlighting key points, identifying, tracking and reporting on progress of action items.
- Manage and track President/CEO’s budget, expense reports (including executive team’s) and spending. Liaise with Finance department as necessary.
- Manage CAPA corporate flat in London, including scheduling guests and liaising with real estate management company.
- Act as liaison between the President/CEO and management, outside vendors, advisors and customers.
- Participate in projects involving research and development pertaining to the market-place and CAPA’s product development as required.
- Prioritize conflicting needs and proactively manage a variety of special projects to maintain deadlines, and track and report progress, following-through to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the President's administrative liaison to CAPA’s board of directors.
- Schedule and organize all Board of Advisors meetings, arranging travel, accommodations, detailed itineraries, reports, and payments.
- Manage CAPA corporate and VIP events in conjunction with the Marketing department, including hotel bookings, arranging food and hospitality, and following up on any outstanding items.
- Manage CAPA philanthropy and charity work. Organize fundraising events, social events and all logistics related to the Office of the President’s charity work.
Personal Assistance to the President & CEO
- Support the President/CEO with personal matters to enable his focus on company priorities. Manage daily personal tasks, including running errands, some gift shopping, scheduling personal appointments, home project management and repairs, occasional pet pick up-drop off, and other personal assistance responsibilities as assigned. Must be extremely flexible, resourceful, and highly-trustworthy as the role comes with access to confidential information.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct executive support at the senior management level: Owner/Founder, VP or Partner, preferably at owner-managed, mid-sized company.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including excellent spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Previous experience managing executive agenda, travel and related duties.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, demanding entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Prezi or similar).
- Proven experience communicating effectively with all levels within and outside the organization. Ability to handle situations discreetly, diplomatically, ethically, and professionally.
- Self-directed with the ability to integrate information quickly, independently research information needed to achieve outcomes and be productive with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and special projects.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgment.
- Aptitude towards executing responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Readiness to assist with the President/CEO’s personal errands and to be responsive outside of regular business hours when necessary.
- Ability to work to deadlines and adapt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Prior experience in international business or study abroad is a major plus.
This is a full-time position. Standard work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, 9:00 to 5:30, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this role and the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours and weekends are to be expected.
How to Apply
Join our team! To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to the following link APPLY HERE (include Executive Assistant in subject line).
CAPA The Global Education Network is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, age, genetic information, or veteran status.