CAPA: The Global Education Network is an established leader in the development and administration of quality international education programs. For over 45 years, we have partnered with universities and colleges across the country and around the world, providing a full range of programs and integrated services designed to support all aspects of international education. Our strong worldwide network, professional expertise, and demonstrated success in the field make us the preferred resource for a growing number of US institutions of higher learning for their study abroad needs. CAPA is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, London, Shanghai and Sydney.
The CAPA Sydney programme is based in Ultimo on the campus of TAFE Sydney and near the University of Technology, Sydney. Students have the opportunity to enrol in CAPA Sydney courses for a semester (US calendar) or a shorter-term summer program. CAPA contracts local Australian faculty to provide degree level instruction in a variety of subjects; academic credit is granted by the student’s US institution. In addition to the academic programming, CAPA also provides housing, internships, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and a full 24-hour on-site support and advising programme. CAPA Sydney currently has a team of five staff and hosts approximately 60-150 students each term.
The Academic Assistant is a member of a small collaborative team within the CAPA Sydney Centre. The role requires a positive can-do approach to all tasks and situations, administrative and IT skills, and a desire to interact with and support university students in all aspects of the study abroad experience. The position reports to the Director of Academic Affairs and works closely with the Program Coordinator and the Director of Student and Program Services. This is a part-time 30 hours per week position.
- Act as key advisor to students regarding academic issues, challenges with adjusting, and any other areas related to living and studying in Sydney.
- Research, propose and plan appropriate My Global City events that are aligned with CAPA's student learning outcomes and approved by the Director of Academic Affairs.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with the organization and booking of cultural and program events and student volunteer activities.
- Assist faculty with field class arrangements.
- Act as the key support person for visiting faculty who are participating in custom programs.
- Carry out course scheduling, CANVAS course preparation and maintenance in Salesforce, class logistics and faculty and Boston communication.
- Administer student course enrolment, class attendance, and end of semester course grade administration and course evaluations.
- Provide local IT support for students, faculty and the Sydney Centre administration; this includes ensuring the classrooms are set up and functioning optimally for study and provide training and support for staff, students and faculty for Canvas, Kaltura, and the GNL technologies which are closely linked to the academic programming.
- Provide Global IT support for students, faculty and administrators; this includes providing support for staff, students and faculty for Salesforce, Canvas, Kaltura, and the GNL technologies which are closely linked to the academic programming, as required by the Global IT manager Robert Taylor, and the Director of Academic Technology and Globally Networked Learning, Jason Cole.
- Liaise with CAPA's IT manager based in Boston regarding systems needs and equipment, serve as local contact for key IT partners that are involved with providing tech-based solutions for the Sydney Centre as well as TAFE.
- Provide additional assistance to the other members of the CAPA Sydney Centre as required and time allows. This may include pre-arrival academic and program preparation, arrival services, orientations (program or academic), internship team support, event management, bookings and transport logistics.
- Attendance at student events is a cross departmental responsibility. All staff should be flexible with regards to evening and weekend events. The schedule will be set by the Director of Program and Student Services, and time in lieu is provided for weekend work (time in lieu is also provided for evening work for part-time staff).
- Any other tasks designated by the Director of Academic Affairs as required for the smooth operation of the Sydney Centre and successful student programming. All staff in CAPA centres are student-focused and cross trained on all aspects of the student experience which includes academic, internships, and program and student services. This ensures a team outlook, connectedness, a full understanding of student needs, backup support, and the opportunity to provide the highest quality of student programming.
- All members of staff will also carry the 24/7 emergency phone as part of the rota set by the Director of Program and Student Services.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three year’s work experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A high level of professionalism and comfort working with key people in businesses across Sydney
- Strong networking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well independently as well as across departments
- Ability to coach and mentor students
- A high level of proficiency in computer software particularly Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- An aptitude for working with databases or CRM systems
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and job duties
- The existing legal right to permanently work in Australia
- Experience working with university students
- Knowledge of the US education system
Hours of Work:
This is a part--time role, 30 hours per week. Due to the nature of the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours is to be expected in this role
How to Apply:
Join our team! To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with salary requirements. (please include Academic Assistant in the subject line)
CAPA The Global Education Network is an equal opportunity employer.