CAPA: The Global Education Network is an established leader in the development and administration of quality international education programs. For over 45 years, we have partnered with universities and colleges across the country and around the world, providing a full range of programs and integrated services designed to support all aspects of international education. Our strong worldwide network, professional expertise, and demonstrated success in the field make us the preferred resource for a growing number of US institutions of higher learning for their study abroad needs. CAPA is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, London, Shanghai and Sydney.
CAPA: The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, collaborative learning communities and global connections via technology, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world.
This position carries responsibility for supporting the Director of Program and Students Services and the Senior Program Coordinator with student support and administrative assistance for internship, and program related functions. The Student Services & Internship Assistant will provide services for 28 hours per week in the CAPA Dublin Center, plus on call coverage for CAPA’s 24/7 Student Emergency Phone.
- Research and visit potential new Internship sites, secure a data base and coordinate placement of students.
- Maintain overview and provide support of students’ performance during placement, i.e. midterm evaluations etc.
- Strategic development of future internship sites
- Assist Program Director & Director of Academic Affairs in vetting applications and checking documentation for upcoming semester.
- Assist with student data management, including the organization, filing and maintenance of student passport/visa/documentation.
- Support the Director of Program and Student Services with all elements of program planning and implementation.
- Assist with event planning specifically, arrival and departure events, mid-semester dinners, My Global City events, and accompany students on field trips and other celebrations which may fall outside of normal office hours.
- Contribute to program-specific weekly emails to all students with detailed information regarding program updates and general announcements.
- Provide support to visiting faculty, including organizing field studies for individual programs, making bookings, and maintaining program-related communications to students and faculty.
- Create and maintain field trip-related documents for students and faculty.
- Create welcome packs for visiting faculty.
Student Service Support and Advising:
- Play a very active role in the arrival and induction period for students. This includes airport transfers and housing check-ins, leading walking tours, delivering academic and general orientation sessions, attending arrival receptions and dinners, and giving welcome speeches to students and faculty when required.
- In Collaboration with the Director of Program and Student Services, respond to student queries and problems as they arise; and utilize internal and external support services when necessary.
- Be available on the CAPA emergency phone number on a rotational basis with the Senior Program Coordinator, providing 24/7 support when on-call and assisting students in the event of emergency situations, in accordance with CAPA emergency phone guidelines regarding responding, escalating and reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Strong administrative skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Highly developed presentation skills with experience in public speaking
- Confidence to manage, and the ability to remain calm, in challenging situations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills
- The legal rights to work in Ireland
- Prior experience working with US university students
Hours of Work:
This position is offered on a part time permanent basis.
How to Apply
Join our team! To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, February 13th. (include Student Services & Internship Assistant in subject line).
CAPA: The Global Education Network is an equal opportunity employer.