CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity, and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural, and social landscapes within urban environments.
Justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to CAPA’s mission and operations. We seek to hire employees representing diversity in all forms and work to support all employees to achieve at the highest level. Employment is based on a person’s professional qualifications and competence. CAPA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition including breastfeeding, or any other basis protected by law.
Director of Program and Student Services, Sydney
CAPA Sydney Study Centre in Haymarket
As a key member of the high performing Sydney Internship Team, the Internship Coordinator ensures the overall delivery of CAPA’s well respected and industry leading internship program for American university students in Sydney.
- Review student employment documents and arranging internship placements, matching student skills against internship opportunities available to students.
- Mentor, coach, and provide support, and assistance to student interns
- Build relationships with organizations hosting CAPA interns with the aim of supporting sustaining current placements and developing additional placements
- Lead and collaborate on development efforts to increase the businesses and organizations in CAPA’s Sydney internship portfolio
- Liaise with the US-based enrollment, advising, and pre-departure teams regarding the needs of student interns
- Assist with the in-country arrival and orientation of student interns
- Secure appropriate guest speakers, excursions, and site visits as required.
- Design and implement personal and professional development opportunities for students in Sydney
- As a member of the Sydney team, participate in special events including arrival, departure, and mid-term activities and dinners
- As part of the larger Sydney Centre team, provide cross-team support, including in Academics and Program and Student Services, as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience
- Excellent customer services skills and a strong interest and ability to work with people, particularly university students.
- Ability to manage effectively under pressure and handle difficult situations.
- Resourceful and out-of-the-box thinker who enjoys working with university students and a growth mindset
- A level of thoroughness, accuracy, and consistency in their work.
- Skilled at working across organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional and cross-location team
- Understanding of internship and experiential education frameworks
- An aptitude for working with MS Suite (particularly MS Excel), and databases or CRM systems
- A flexible and adaptable personality and work style.
- The legal right to work in Australia.
- Knowledge of the US education system (preferred).
- Prior experience working with students. (preferred).
This is a full-time role. Due to the nature of the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours is to be expected from time to time.